Just because your workplace has the look of cleanliness, does not mean that there isn’t anything nefarious lying beneath. Most offices definitely could use the extra benefit of janitorial cleaning companies such as Anago Cleaning Systems. Don’t believe us? Below we list the 15 most shocking facts about the healthy habits and cleanliness of the average workplace.
- There are more than 20,000 germs per sq. in. that reside on your office chair, computer mouse, and keyboard.
- The average employee’s desk has around ten million bacteria. That’s 100 times more than the common kitchen table and 400 times more than the average seat on a toilet.
- 27 percent of people consume breakfast at their desk, which makes for a mess of crumbs in their work stations.
- 62 percent of people also consume lunch at their desks.
- Only 20 percent of those who eat at their desk clean their space before they eat at it.
- The dirtiest surfaces within an office are water fountains, refrigerator handles, vending machines, sink, mouse, keyboard, and microwave.
- On average, men’s spaces are 20 percent dirtier than women’s.
- Diseases may be transferred through various items. 25 percent of water cooler buttons are thought to be a severe risk for transmission of numerous diseases.
- Office phones have around 25,000 germs per sq. in.
- Without day-to-day sanitizing, the bacteria count on office surfaces increases 30 percent each day.
- 75 percent of washroom sink handles may spread numerous contagious diseases.
- 70 percent of dust particles are designed of dead skin flakes.
- 2 hours of cleaning burns 200 calories.
- The average individual spends 87 percent of their time outdoors.
- The air quality inside a closed office space may be 500 percent worse than the air quality outdoors.
While the majority of folks associate the restroom with being the epitome of dirt, some items we encounter on a routine basis actually harbor an incredible quantity of dangerous bacteria… as much as 10 times as many harmful germs as a public toilet! Attention to detail means the difference between dangerous and safe; even the smallest opportunity for missed cleaning leads to the spread of bacteria which may mean lost time for staff members, bad first impressions for new clients and perhaps even low office morale.
With more than ten million bacteria living upon a typical desk, team members not washing their hands and cleaning providers not doing a thorough job, workplaces are being labelled dirty on an increasing basis. Faucet handles, microwave ovens, refrigerator doors, and keyboards are just a few of the most unhygienic of all surfaces inside the office. The average office desk may hold up to 400 times the quantity of bacteria as the public toilet.
Surprising? Considering never touching anything in your office again? Don’t panic! The best method of keeping your office clean includes investing in a high-quality office cleaning company such as Anago Cleaning Systems.
For more information on our high quality janitorial services in Winnipeg contact Anago Cleaning Systems today!